Financial Accountant Jobs Detail
- Accountancy & Finance
- Job Type:
- £40000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + Free lunch, Hotel discounts
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 07-Nov-2019 15:57
- London South
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join a leading hotel group based in South West London.
The position of Financial Accountant role will be managing the finance function for a leading hotel management company to be based in South West London. The business is rapidly expanding, being well backed by foreign investment. In this position the successful candidate will be working on supplier processing & payments, invoicing, recharges, expense claims, cash book and month end close.
- Ensuring timely and accurate recording of financial transactions
- Oversight of, and overall responsibility for, the production of the monthly financial accounts for the group management company as well as the associated property companies, with close support and liaison with Finance Business Partners to enable effective and timely distribution of internal reporting.
- Ongoing review, development, implementation, communication and monitoring of financial controls and processes, supporting all key financial transaction processes.
- Balance sheet control and reconciliations, ensuring completeness, relevance and accuracy of all ledgers.
- Bank recons, supplier recons and fixed asset register maintenance.
- Intercompany recons.
- Yr end budgeting and forecasts
- Review of significant transactions to ensure policy and accounting standard compliance.
- Managing the year-end financial close processes.
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Work closely with the other Regional Controllers and Group Financial Controller to drive effective ways of working, sharing of information, managing stakeholder expectations and role model effective leadership behaviours to encourage the teams to perform to the best of their abilities.
- To develop a positive and productive working relationship with the commercial finance team to drive a proactive and value adding finance function.
- Answer ad hoc queries from stakeholders and internal clients relating to payment processes, company credit card and expense claims.
- Actively contributing towards the drive for continuous improvement, looking to maximise operational efficiency and improve upon standard operating procedures for all systems and processes.
- Assistance with any finance department project.
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified or part qualified accountant.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Commercial expertise and finance experience.
- Prior working experience maintaining books of account through to Trial Balance.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Strong business and client awareness.
Key Skills Required
- Qualified or part qualified ACCA
- Previous similar experience working within industry is advantageous
- Sage X3 experience is advantageous
- Team player and able to work proactively with a wide remit
- A strong ability to manage business/workflow priorities across a number of stakeholders.
You'll be working in a fun and vibrant team where you will be given opportunity to grow and progress with support of an excellent management team. Plus a great market related salary you will also receive:
- Great discounts on the groups hotels
- Free lunch!
- Plus other regular employee benefits
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Executive Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit https://www.candmexecutive.co.uk/
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Complete this short form and submit your CV, then we will do the rest
(Allowed file size is 5Mb and file types are: doc, docx, txt, pdf, rtf, xls)